Friday, August 03, 2007

I have been having a very hard time lately dealing with Jacob...and his autism and just knowing that its going to be here for a while. I was just looking through the internet kinda looking for answers....looking for something that would help me understand just what hes going through. I came to this guy's web page. His name is Jamie Manning and he has a son who has autism. He writes songs about autism and families dealing with autism in their family. I listened to this song and I just couldnt stop crying...I felt like this is what I needed to hear. Here are the lyrics to the song and here is the link to where you can hear a little bit of the song http://www.autismsongs.com/welcomehere.php
You are welcome here
Go ahead and take your time my boy, I can wait
There’s no need to run so fast, you’re not late
You walk on a different road, that’s alright
Do not fear the shadows, just keep looking for the light
And if that road should make you lonely
There’s no darkness you should fear
You will always find a light in my window at night
You are welcome here
You have such an open heart, free from all the stain
A smile that shines like sunlight through the thunder and the rain
The warmest hand, the truest eyes that I have ever known
And though you may walk slowly, you will never walk alone
And if you need some understanding
When the answers disappear
You will always have a place you can run to
You are welcome here
I can’t tell you that the world is kind
Nor can I tell you that it’s fair
But if you ever need a hand to hold
Mine will always be there

BREAK/SOLO

I can’t tell you that the world is kind
Nor can I tell you that it’s fair
But should you ever need a hand to hold
Mine will always be there
So when you walk down that long road
There’s no darkness you need to fear
You will always find a light in my window at night
You are welcome here

If that long road makes you lonely
And you need somebody near
You will always find me here where you left me
My child. You are welcome here

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

hey brit,

i am so very proud of you. for a lot of things, but as your friend i'm proud of you for researching and wanting to know more about this. just for your little guy! it makes me happy.

i know you are struggling and i know there are others you can talk to about this! i found something about autism in one of my christian women's magazine - once i look into it, i'm going to pass it on to you. :o) i'll do that tonight.

also, my BEST friend from high school (she lives in AR) - her son, Tyler has autism also. she found out when he was really young, he's 5 years old now. do you mind if i show her your blog? she could probably give you advice and help you out a little? please let me know, her name is Rachel.

love ya girl!
big hugs,
Mel

Shelly said...

Im sorry that your having such a hard time with Jake. Your a tough girl and I know youll get through it. Im so happy that Jake is giving hugs. He needs to save one for Tybo. How is sweet Tyler? We cant wait to see you guys-hopefully soon. Until then, hang in there.