Sunday, August 31, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
This is a picture of his bday last year. I decided to make a cake last year. I was going to make a big one and frost it and make it cute. Well it didn't turn out good AT ALL!! I think it fell apart and I was so upset. So we bought a cake instead haha. This year im going to attempt to make another cake. Hopefully it goes better this time.
Here is a picture of his first birthday. We were living in Texas at the time but came back to Az to visit for his bday. He was not sure of the cake and we had to put his hands in the cake for him to see if he would do anything. And nope...he just cried.
Happy Birthday buddy, I hope you have a good day today!!!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
We just got the best news! A few months ago they took away the scholarships for the kids with special needs to go to private schools. That was a BAD thing for a lot of parents...like us! A few days ago they found an account that had 5 million dollars in it. And so they said they could use that money to fund the scholarships. Well just tonight we got an email saying that it did indeed pass!! And that they will be having a press conference tomorrow to reinstate the scholarships. I am beyond excited and hope this is not false hope. We need this to happen...badly. We just got word that we are using all of our hab hours and respite hours and we dont even have enough to use for our date nights anymore. So we will finally get all our hours back!! Which means Jacob will finally be able to get ABA therapy again. For those not in the therapy lingo...ABA is the behavior therapy Jacob gets daily. He has not been able to get it for a month and a half and is suffering BADLY! All of his therapists are having behavior problems and we are experiencing A LOT at home. His aggression is coming back in full force and its not fun. Just tonight, he put a blanket over Tyler twice and sat on him with the blanket over him. I talked with his Occupational Therapist and we decided that we are going to put him back on the Gluten Free diet. We had him on it before and didnt see very many results. And we think its because he was on Meds as well. But since he is no longer on any meds we figured we are going to try again and see how that works. Grocery stores are carrying Gf things and so it seems a little easier to find things. So, those people who are GF...please email me some good recipes that my whole family would enjoy. I dont like cooking 2 meals but I will if I have to.
In other Jacob news...his birthday is next week. I cant believe that I will have a 6 yr old next week. He is getting SO BIG!! And really...he is so tall I am scared to see what he will be when he is done growing. He is learning so much every day and im so happy to be his mom!! I have been homeschooling him since the scholarships got taken away...and its so fun to see everything he learns. He is SO SMART and amazes me every day. Right now he is obsessed with street names. He can tell you exactly what street we are on and when we are at a light he can usually tell me the cross roads we are on.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Its a parvo disease. Its in the same family as chicken pox...so if you get it once, you wont ever get it again. Sometimes you have sick reactions sometimes you get nothing. And then you get a rash that is on your cheeks, arms, chest, and legs. It is contagous but only before you get the rash. And most times there are no symptoms so you dont know that you have it until you get the rash. The only way you can get it is if you share your germs. Because Jacob puts almost everything in his mouth, im sure he picked it up somewhere that another kid with it had put his mouth on. And then Tyler also has it. So im sure it was passed the same way. Tyler also puts everything in his mouth. So Jacob had something in his mouth and then I didnt clean it off...because I didnt know he had this. So tyler got it also. Its not a big deal, it doesnt bother them at all. The one big worry is that anyone who is pregnant to catch it because if you are 4 months and under in pregnancy you could lose the baby. But for someone older to get it...Jacob would have to of sneezed on the person and then that person put her hand or whatever in her mouth...yeah, doesnt sound good haha. Hopefully we will get rid of them soon. Doc said it should take 4-6 weeks!!!
Saturday, August 02, 2008
1. What were your nicknames in high school? Didnt really have a nickname except Brit.
2. Did you do any extra curricular activities in high school? nope...nothing.
3.What did you do with your free time? Hung out with friends and worked.
4. Coolest /Funnest thing you did as a teenager? I think one of the funnest things I did when I was a teenager was either go to EFY or go to Snowflake with Sharon quite a few times to visit our friends there...haha.
5. Did you have a boyfriend in high school? Not until the end of my Senior year I started dating Tom
6. Songs that come to mind? haha this might be a little emberassing. Sublime songs...lots of dave matthews band...LL Cool J...haha
7. What did you think you would be when you grew up? something to do with sign language.
8. How did you picture yourself? I was a little shy...I only really talked to my friends although I talked a lot (and still do) I thought I was pretty fun to be around. Always trying to have fun
9. Fun/silly Memories? Going to Bahama Bucks every weekend just about because Sharon worked there and we thought it was so much fun to go and hang out there. We got to try all the flavers we wanted...and we thought her manager was cute...haha
10. Most embarrassing moment? Asking a guy I really liked to a dance and having his mom call and say he couldnt go.
I tag anyone who wants to do it. Its fun!!