Sunday, June 03, 2007

We are in my parents ward. I love being in this ward and being able to sit with my mom every week in church is a lot of fun. My brother Mike and his wife are also in our ward. My dad is 1st Councilor and so I kinda told him the callings I want and didn't want when we first moved in. He knows pretty much what I like and what I don't like. Well one of those callings I said I would never do, is be in the nursery. The 2 hours I get without kids on Sundays are great!! I love being able to have time without my own kids...or any other little kids. I really don't mind if I get called into the primary, but not the nursery. My dad is over the whole primary and so a few weeks ago I was at their house on a Saturday night. The primary Pres called and said they will be 2 teachers short tomorrow for church. SO he asked if I would help out because I was there and he knows I would say yes. So the next day, we all woke up SICK!!! So, I couldn't go in and help. Well the next Sunday they still needed help and so I went in since I told him I would go last week and didn't go to church. It was a mess!!! There were now 4 teachers gone! NO one knew where they were and why no one called. We have 3 nursery's and 2 teachers at each class plus one singing girl. We had 14 kids in our class and 2 teachers. It was nuts and I came home so stressed out because I was just going crazy the whole time. Then something very tragic happened earlier this week. The lady who is over the whole nursery gave birth to a still baby =( it is one of the saddest things and so of course now she will be gone for a while. They just had to release a couple who was working in the nursery because they moved suddenly. So once again, I am back to helping out. My dad asked me if I would help out for at least another month until they can get some more people in. Well I told him, I hope this isn't a perm thing because I really don't like being in there. He kinda looked at me like...oh no!! So, I was pretty sure they were going to call me in there. But I feel so bad that I really don't want to be in the nursery. I just don't have enough patience to deal with that AND my own kids!!!

Tomorrow morning we are having this lady come from the Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) to meet Jacob and I. She is our new support coordinator and so she just wants to come over and talk for a bit and get to know us and let us know what all we qualify for and stuff. I already know that we don't qualify for anything because DDD has little funding and its basically already being used up. So we have to go and aply for Arizona Long Term Care Services(ALTCS) and that has a lot more funding and thats how we can get our therapies and meds covered. We did apply for it once , and got denied. They didn't even come to our house and meet us and evaluate him. They just sent a letter saying that we did not qualify. Our new SC said that we need to appeal that and get another application in. So that's what we are doing now!! I hope that they approve us because Jacob really needs these therapies. Its 1041 and he just fell asleep about 10 min ago and had been screaming for the past 3 hours. Not sure why...but he does this at least 3 times a week. I don't know if its the meds that hes taking or what but he just is uncontrollable when he goes through these.

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Hi Brit,

Well I understand what you mean about not wanting to work the nursery. I used to do it all of the time (in one of my old churches, they made the parents help out each month) in my old church. There were always those kids that would NOT listen to you or would SCREAM the whole time.

I didn't mind working the newborn room...though I know that LDS doesn't have nursery until they hit 18 months old (right? My brother in law, his wife and his 3 kids, plus one more on the way are LDS also).

Anyway...hope Jake gets better, praying something will help him, poor guy. Gotta be hard on YOU guys too!! Keep your chin up.

I'm here if ya ever need to chat!

Take care,
Mel

Abby Runyan said...

Your boys are so cute. Jacob looks liks such a sweet little boy. I hope I get to meet him someday. Love your blog!