Saturday, September 18, 2010

So im about to tell a story about what happened like our first month in our house. The only reason im blogging about this is so that I remember it. Just because it was a lot of madness.

So we were getting ready to send Tom off to scouts and I was getting the boys ready for bed. I heard a sound of a helicopter that was pretty loud and it sounded like it was close. So as Tom was leaving to scouts I decided to go outside and look and see what was going on. I saw the police helicopter and it was flying over our neighborhood. So I decided to call Jackie and see if she knew of anything since she lives a few neighborhoods over. She told me...oh its probably just the police nothing big. And so I took it as that and went on with our night. A little bit longer I hear MORE helicopters. So I go outside and look around and I see 6!! They are news helicopters. So I knew something had to be going on. I turned on the tv to see if there was any news about it and there was. It happened to be a drug bust gone wrong in the neighborhood next to me. And an undercover cop got shot!! So I decided to turn on my police scanner. I think that was the worst thing to do because I knew EVERYTHING that was going on there. So I went outside to see what I could see and I hear from up in the sky "GO BACK INSIDE...IT IS VERY DANGEROUS" So I go back inside and call my mom freaking out. I kept telling her...I dont know what I got myself into moving here. I had no husband and there was some shooting going on!!! So then a little bit later there is a knock and I Hear...ITS THE POLICE. So I go and answer the door and there are 5 police officers with their big guns drawn and they had to go search my house. From what I understand the suspect was running on MY STREET and they had to check all the houses. Once they saw that I was not hiding the suspect they left. But only to return a half hour later just to check up on me because they saw how scared I was. While all of this was happening Tom was at scouts and I had no way to get a hold of him. He told me that after scouts he went to go home and they had the whole area blocked off and no one could get into their houses. So he had to wait at QT until 1:30 in the morning. It was a scary night and I hope to never experience that again.

No comments: