Sunday, May 04, 2008

Something happened yesterday morning that I knew was coming, I just prayed and hoped it would never happen. The boys and I went to walmart to get a few things for the week. Normally Jacob is always in the cart but because we had so many things he had to walk. So as we were walking out the door, Tyler stopped the door lady because he wanted a sticker we didn't get when we walked in. So as we are talking to her I look out the door and Jacob just darts across the street like he does every time but this time there was a car and Jacob got hit by a car. The lady that was driving was only going like 10 miles an hour so she was able to stop pretty fast and it only hit the side of him, but he fell to the ground and was crying and really upset, even tho he had no idea what just happened. He was so unaware that there was a car there and that it was going to hit him if he ran in front of it. I kept asking him where it hurt and he said nothing hurt but I took him to the ER anyways just to get checked over. The doc checked him over and did a scan of his head to look for a concussion or something and said that he had a small concussion. He started throwing up yesterday and threw up about 3 times but has been acting perfectly fine. I think it hurt ME more than it did him. To watch my son get hit by a car has to be one of the worst sights I could see. I cried and cried until we saw the doctor and he said he was fine. Then I felt better and I was fine after that. Until the boys were in bed...and it was quiet...and I could just think about what REALLY happened. And then this horrible depression came on and I kept thinking about how it could of been worse and that just tore me up. I am so grateful that it was something so minor. And the fact that bad things just keep happening to us and I don't know when its all going to stop.

I do want to thank everyone who called and came over yesterday. Its nice to know that there are people out there who care about us. Also, Sharon, thank you for coming with us to Chuck E Cheese. We had so much fun and it was so nice to get my mind off of things for a little bit.

9 comments:

Katie Peterson said...

Oh Britney!!! What a rough weekend! Thank heavens he wasn't hurt....my boys do the same thing...they like to run out of the store & forget to stop & look both ways! It could have happened to ANY mom...don't beat yourself up about it...you are a GOOD mom! Satan likes us to think otherwise...but don't let him influence you!

The Malone's said...

I had no idea! Sorry that had to happen. I hope he is feeling better and you are ok too.

Kyla said...

That's awful... I hope you are ok. I am so glad nothing serious happened to Jacob... kids are so crazy! I know how it feels to have everything seem like it is going against you, and you don't think it can get any worse, but then it does, and doesn't stop coming either. Stay strong and close to the Lord, He's the only one who can truly help and comfort you!

Sharon said...

Britney you are still the best mom ever!! You put up with so much! There is no way I could be as strong as you! Oh, and Chuck E Cheese was a lot of fun, Rebecca absolutely loved it! We should do it again soon!!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, how terrifying! I'm glad he is ok!!

Ranee said...

Britney~

Please tell Jake (and Tyler too), how much our kiddo's love him! We are glad he is okay! He's one of our favorite friends at our house! As far as being a mom is concerned...you are the best mom to your 2 boys! They are truly blessed to have you and Tom as parents!

Shelly said...

Im so glad he is OK. It could have been so much worse-he definatly has angels. Im sorry so many things have happened lately-I guess what doesnt kill us makes us stronger!!! Keep your head up, things will get better. Congrats on the scholarship-what a blessing.

coltin-n-connersmommy said...

oh my goodness. I am soo glad that he is okay. Glad you took him to the er. i would have too. i pray for my childrens safety all the time too. Its so scary. you're a great mom and unfortunatlye kids will be kids no matter how much you try to teach them to be safe.

Bonnie said...

Hi Brttney, it's Megan's mom, Bonnie. So sorry about Jacob's accident and how scary that must have been for you. You are an amazing mother with the way you handle your little guys! You hang in there - and know that we all care about you!!