Monday, March 24, 2008

I hope everyone had a good Easter. I know we definitely did! This week was my week to teach the lesson in our sunbeam class so it was really fun trying to figure out a good way to teach our little kids about why we celebrate Easter. It was a nice review on the life of Jesus and it was really good for me. I started out the lesson having the lady I teach with take the kids in the classroom for prayer and stuff and I went outside and hid some eggs out there. So when I got back in the room they all asked me where I went. I told them I had to go get something from my car. And when I was outside I saw the Easter Bunny and he had eggs for the kids and he wanted me to tell the kids to go out and find what he left for them. So they got all excited and wanted to go out and find the eggs. So we did that then came in and I explained that it was fun finding eggs and getting jelly beans and having the Easter bunny but that isn't the real meaning of Easter...then I went into the lesson. It actually went really well and it lasted until parents came! Its amazing...that never happens. Usually I have 20 min left haha.

Friday night Sharon and I got together and had so much fun...like always!! We played a few games...which I won all of...but one...hahaha. Sorry Sharon!! I'm just the game master...I cant control that =) and we made THE BEST cookie thing...EVER!! It was so good and we couldn't stop eating it! But it was sooo rich and made us sooo sick. But very yummy. It was a peanut butter cookie that we put in a cake pan and then covered it with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and marshmallows. Then put it in the oven for about 5 min and let it all melt and the marshmallows got a little brown...and it was perfect!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for hanging out with me!! It really was fun and we should do that more often!! That cookie thingy was AWESOME!!